GM Diet Forums banner

Diabetic

7K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Tisa 
#1 ·
Is GM diet safe for diabetic type 2 patients?

#2 ·
I am not a doctor so you will have to show them the plan and ask. People have done it but may have modified it. Sorry, I cannot say...

Reactions: Tisa
#3 ·
Noted. I am going to start on the GM Diet for Non Vegetarians on Monday. Questions…Day 1 - fruits day, yes? Is black coffee & tea allowed? On my meat/fish days, do I stick with it throughout the day? And how much vegetables/salad do I take with it? Thanks

#5 ·
tea fine no sweetener, i never say yes on coffee :)
have you read the sample diet pages? all of those answers are there :)

Noted. I am going to start on the GM Diet for Non Vegetarians on Monday. Questions…Day 1 - fruits day, yes? Is black coffee & tea allowed? On my meat/fish days, do I stick with it throughout the day? And how much vegetables/salad do I take with it? Thanks

#6 ·
avocado is a great fat to have, but in this plan best to hold. If you did have a little, maybe with the beg a little could be OK...

#7 ·
Hi Kevin,

I've lose 2.1 kg on my first week :). I am feeling much better and it has a positive immediate impact on my blood sugar level. Actually, it is the first time it is on the ideal range for a week, and my medication is cut into half. So glad I started on this diet.

I am into my 2nd week on Mon, 9/12. There are few sizes of bowls i.e. 300 ml, 500 ml …. Please could you tell me the exact size of a bowl use in this diet.

Thanks

#8 ·
Great news. Keep in mind, you have to cut the empty carbs and processed foods. Make sure you get good fats, olive, coconut oils and pastured animal fats. The bowl, 500ml, just go a a little less....

Reactions: Tisa
#10 ·
Hi Kevin, does pumpkin allowed in this diet?

Hi Kevin,

I've lose 2.1 kg on my first week :). I am feeling much better and it has a positive immediate impact on my blood sugar level. Actually, it is the first time it is on the ideal range for a week, and my medication is cut into half. So glad I started on this diet.

I am into my 2nd week on Mon, 9/12. There are few sizes of bowls i.e. 300 ml, 500 ml …. Please could you tell me the exact size of a bowl use in this diet.

Thanks
Hi Tisa,

I am a type 2 Diabetic too. I am following Veg diet and this is day 5 for me. No change in weight yet :(. Did you change anything in the diet plan?

Thanks.

#11 ·
Hi Gunjan,
My 1st priority was to get my blood sugar level to the ideal range of between 4 - 7 mmol. I am pleased to say that it has consistently in that range since I started the diet, thus I have adjusted the medication dose. Losing the weight is a bonus :)

Yes, I follow the diet as strictly as possible. I keep a record of everything I eat/drink. I am on the non-vegetarian diet. I measure the amount of food I take i.e 1 cup is 250ml & 1 bowl is slightly less than 500 ml. In the 1st week, I was suffering from caffeine withdrawal as I am a coffee person. Since the 3rd day, I drank 1 cup of green tea in the morning before breakfast. For exercise, Week 1 - walking for 30 mins & light gym workout. Week 2 - golfing. As of today I am down 3.1 kgs, not as much as others but getting there.

Hope this will help.

Tisa

#14 ·
Hi Kevin,

I lose 4.1 kg in 2 weeks! That is a good result for me. I've enjoyed the diet and it is getting so much easier as I get over the caffaine withdrawal. I need to lose 6 kg more, so I plan to start again in 1 weeks time. What do you think?

Could you share your food choices after the diet?

Thanks
Tisa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.